Low Carb Ginger Syrup – Sugar Free



Since I made this low carb ginger syrup for the sugar free Moscow Mules recipe I posted a couple of weeks ago, I have used it in so many delicious ways that I thought it deserved its own post!

A versatile low carb ginger syrup that can be used in cocktails, teas, soups, curries and even baked goods! Sugar free.



This ginger syrup isn’t just delicious and versatile, it’s also good for you. Ginger has potent anti-inflammatory properties and also boosts the immune system – vital during cold and flu season especially! This syrup has a super concentrated ginger flavor and with that comes all of those health benefits as well!

Sounds like a win/win to me!

Even if you don’t use this low carb ginger syrup to make the moscow mules, or any of the other suggestions in this post – you simply have to try it in some hot or iced tea! I have been putting a couple of tablespoons of this syrup in my nightly chai tea or pumpkin spice tea and I’m absolutely ADDICTED to it.

It adds sweetness and a gingery punch that makes it so much tastier than when I drink my tea plain!

A versatile low carb ginger syrup that can be used for cocktails, teas, soups, curries and even baked goods! Sugar free.

You can use this syrup in place of minced ginger to add intense ginger flavor to soups and curries too! And because it’s super concentrated and already strained, you will get even more ginger flavor but without those woody ginger bits in your broth!

Finally, you can use this low carb ginger syrup as an extract in cakes, breads, cookies and even frostings to bring a punch of ginger to almost any baked good or dessert.

I’ve already jotted down some concepts to try out next time I feel like baking – and don’t worry, I’ll share the delicious results with you as soon as I perfect them!

A versatile low carb ginger syrup that can be used in cocktails, teas, soups, curries and even baked goods!
Even though this is a simple recipe – it’s incredibly versatile and if you’re a fan of ginger like I am, I know that you’ll find TONS of ways to use it in your kitchen!

Just be sure to let us know what you come up with so we can try it too!

This low carb ginger syrup is so versatile that you can use it to flavor cocktails, tea, soups, curries, and even baked goods! Keto, Atkins and Paleo friendly.





















Serves: 1.5 cups

INGREDIENTS
½ cup thinly sliced, peeled ginger
2 cups water
⅓ cup granulated sugar substitute (I used Swerve)

INSTRUCTIONS

Combine the ginger, water and sweetener in a small saucepan.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cool for 1 hour, then strain and store in a clean jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
NOTES
Approx. nutrition info per 2 Tbsp: 3 calories, 0g fat, .5g net carbs, 0g protein
source:http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/01/low-carb-ginger-syrup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment