10 Best Low Carb Soup Recipes for Fall




Welcome to IBIH to all of you newbies coming over from Pinterest! Please check out the Recipe Index for more creative low carb and gluten free recipes, or head over to the Cookbooks page to download any or all of my five e-books for some of my best low carb recipes yet! There are lots of freebies and fun conversations going on over at the IBIH Facebook Page, so I hope you’ll join us over there! You can also follow on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and/or subscribe to IBIH by email so you don’t miss any of the new recipes being posted weekly! I love hearing from all of you, so please do feel free to comment or leave feedback anytime! Enjoy!



Since we’ve spent the last couple of weeks in CT enjoying the cooler weather, I’ve really gotten excited about making low carb soups again.  I haven’t been home to experiment with new recipes yet, but I thought I’d share some of my past favorites from IBIH in this post, as well as some recipes I’ve recently found on Pinterest that I’m dying to try!

1)  Brazilian Shrimp Moqueca

This is one of my favorite keto soup recipes on the blog.  Creamy, spicy, and loaded with shrimp, a big bowl of this really hits the spot on those chilly fall days!


2)  Roasted Broccoli and Cheddar Soup

This genius soup from Closet Cooking contains not only broccoli and cheddar cheese, but also bacon and mustard!  That’s a flavor combo that I can’t wait to try!!!  (shown served with bread, but obviously you would omit it for this to be low carb and gluten free!)


























3) Low Carb Avgolemeno

This classic Greek chicken soup is flavored with lemon and thickened with eggs.  Both refreshing and comforting, this is a fun new way to enjoy a steaming bowl of low carb chicken soup!

4) Roasted Cauliflower Soup

A deceptively simple recipe from Sweet Paul Magazine, this soup is not only beautiful, but I’m guessing the flavors are out of this world.  Definitely falls into my “must try soon” category!

5) Spicy Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup

Tomato soup recipes abound, but what really intrigued me about this one was the blue cheese!  I haven’t tried it yet, but since I love blue cheese, I can’t imagine that this creative soup recipe from Michael Symon wouldn’t be delicious!!!

6) Spinach and Artichoke Dip Soup

The photos aren’t the prettiest, but this is still one of my favorite low carb soup recipes.  Imagine the popular dip, pureed and thinned out to a soup consistency – it tastes amazing and is super easy to make!

7)  Fire Pot Soup

This spicy and decadent looking soup from Eat Live Run can be made low carb with just a few simple adjustments.  Omit the rice and replace the brown sugar with sugar substitute and you are good to go.  I’m not a fan of tofu so I’d probably replace that with scallops, chicken, or extra shrimp – but that’s just me!

8) Jalapeno Popper Soup

Loaded with roasted jalapenos and crispy bacon, this is comfort food in the extreme!  Rich and creamy, with just a hint of spice from the peppers, this Atkins friendly soup recipe is downright addicting!

By far one of my favorite kitchen tools for making blended soups is an inexpensive (and pretty!) immersion blender which lets me blend low carb soups right in the pot they are cooking in without transferring it to a blender (and spilling hot soup all over the place usually!)  Less mess, less dishes and super easy = a win/win for sure!

9) Pumpkin Chipotle Soup

Hearty and spicy, this satisfying soup recipe will warm you up from the inside out!

10) Mexican Chicken Lime Chipotle Soup

I’m a huge fan of Mexican food, and this spicy soup from Rachel Ray looks like it would be right up my alley!  And it’s crock pot friendly!
source:http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment