EASY, LOW CARB BACON BROCCOLI SALAD




THE UBIQUITOUS BACON BROCCOLI SALAD DELIVERS GREAT CRUNCH AND FLAVOR. THIS VERSION IS EASY, LOW CARB, DAIRY-FREE, AND TOTALLY CUSTOMIZABLE.

This raw broccoli salad has been around forever. I think the first time I had it was for my engagement party 20 years ago, which my mother so graciously hosted at home. It was a very small affair with only family and a close friend in attendance. Hey, East Coast Family, we all miss you!


The traditional version of this easy, low carb bacon broccoli salad calls for raisins, but we enjoy subbing cranberries. The dressing calls for sugar, but we find that by subbing erythritol, xylitol or stevia, we get the same great sweetenss for less carbs. And, because this recipe is dairy-free, I know this is something my daughter can have. Toppings are always fun and we add toasted sesame seeds, toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or even toasted nuts, for a crunch factor.


This is one of my go-to salads in the Summer because it goes with most mains. Also, my kids like broccoli and are guaranteed to eat it.  This recipe makes a lot, but we eat it with our lunches and dinner and I have been know to have it for breakfast, too.  My friends can always count on me to bring this easy, low carb bacon broccoli salad to all of our gatherings. Why? Well, it’s my favorite!

Do you have a favorite version on this salad? How do you make it yours?

Nutrition Information
Serves: 10
Calories: 321
Fat: 31
Carbohydrates: 5
Fiber: 3
Protein: 10

THIS AMAZING LOW CARB BACON BROCCOLI SALAD IS 2 NET CARBS PER SERVING

Easy, Low Carb Bacon Broccoli Salad delivers great crunch and flavor. This version with sesame oil is low carb and dairy-free, but totally customizable.

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds broccoli florets (about two big heads and stalks cut and trimmed)
½ pound bacon
1½ ounces green onion
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons Swerve (or powdered erythritol or stevia glycerite to taste)
1 teaspoon sesame oil

INSTRUCTIONS

Cook and crumble the bacon.
Trim and cut broccoli into bit sized pieces.
Slice the scallions.
Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
Assemble before serving and garnish with your favorite topping.
source:http://www.lowcarbmaven.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment