Pepperoni Pizza Cauliflower Casserole – Low Carb & Keto



One of my absolute favorite fooPepperoni Pizza Cauliflower Casseroleds since I went low carb and gluten free is the “Better than Potatoes” Cheesy Cauliflower Puree – I eat it all the time!



In fact, it’s so satisfying and filling, that I can make a meal out of just a bowl of the cauliflower puree, and nothing else.

The other day I was starving, but also craving some protein, and all I had besides cauliflower and cheese was some pepperoni.

Now I don’t even LIKE pepperoni, and I don’t know what possessed me to think that this would be a good idea, but I threw some pepperoni and shredded mozzarella into my magic bullet with the cauliflower, and blended it into a puree (along with the usual cream, butter, salt and pepper.)

It was SO GOOD!
















































The pepperoni added a complexity to it that is hard to describe – the slight sourness that pepperoni has just worked so well with the cauliflower – it was like culinary magic!

In thinking that I wanted to share this low carb cauliflower recipe with you, I wondered how I could make it even better. So I spread it into a casserole dish and covered it generously with more mozzarella and pepperoni, and tossed in the oven to bake.

HOLY MOLY THAT WAS AMAZEBALLS!!!!!

Think your kids won’t eat cauliflower? Guess again!

My 5 year old who can’t even stand the smell of cauliflower when I’m cooking it, ate some and pronounced it “delicious!” It’s cheesy, creamy, and just plain awesome. You could even spread a little pizza sauce under the layer of mozzarella if you want a more authentic “pizza” flavor, but it really doesn’t need it.

I cannot wait for you guys to try this and report back! It shouldn’t work, in fact it sounds crazy, but it’s so good that you’ll just have to trust me on this one and try it out! I know you guys are going to love it too!


 PEPPERONI PIZZA CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE (LOW CARB AND GLUTEN FREE)
Perfect as a kid-friendly low carb side dish, or eat an entire bowl for a complete meal!
Serves: 4 servings
INGREDIENTS
For the Puree
1 medium head of cauliflower
2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
1 Tbsp Butter
8 slices pepperoni
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
For the Casserole
12 slices pepperoni
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese

INSTRUCTIONS

For the Puree
Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces. Place in a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tbl of cream and 1 Tbl of butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes. Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture. Microwave for another six minutes on high (or until tender.) Remove from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor along with the 8 slices of pepperoni and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can adjust the cream and butter to your preference for consistency.
For the Casserole
Spread the cauliflower puree into an 8 x 8 oven proof casserole dish. Cover with ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and layer with pepperoni. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 20 minutes. Alternatively you could microwave this for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
NOTES
Approximate nutrition info per serving: 207 calories, 15g fat, 4.75g net carbs, 10g protein
source:http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment