Low-Carb White Chocolate-Raspberry Cups



There is one thing I love more than marzipan: white chocolate. I don’t know why it is, but as I’ve already mentioned, even as a kid I somehow managed to get the white part from the Milky Way spread with my pinky even though it probably (or rather certainly) had no chocolate in it at all. Actually, it has always been a mystery to me: how on earth can a chocolate be white? If brown colour, that is the cocoa, is subtracted from chocolate what do we end up with?



By now I’ve solved the mystery: it’s the cocoa butter. So white chocolate is basically cocoa butter with sugar… a great invention indeed! And what could be even greater? The sugar-free version! It allows you to create forbidden-looking sweets which wouldn’t kill your diet as much as they seem.

For example at the weekend I experimented with this one and as fresh raspberries are already available at the market I came up with this combination. (A friend of mine said it was impossible though. I told her that I was probably screwed up then and these only look like raspberries but they are obviously something else.)

The final outcome looked so gorgeous that I was almost sorry to eat them… almost…







































Prep Time35 min  Total Time35 min

Ingredients

200 g sugar-free white chocolate chips (paleo)
100 g raspberries
1-2 tsp psyllium husk
a touch of Sweetener
coconut oil

Instructions
1. Melt the white chocolate with the coconut oil over simmering water and stir until smooth and shiny.
2. Grease the silicon mould with a few drops of coconut oil so that you can remove the bonbons easier when they harden.
3. Pour a little (ca. 2 tablespoons) of the liquid chocolate into the mould.
4. Put it in the fridge for a few minutes until they harden.
5. Wash the raspberries, crush them with a fork, add the psyllium and as much sweetener as you like, and stir it until it thickens. You can put it in the fridge to cool.
6. Get the bonbon mould from the fridge and put a bit of ‘jam’ on the hardened chocolate.
7. Fill the mould with white chocolate.
8. Put it back to the fridge until it fully hardens.
9. Remove the bonbons from the fridge and let it rest at room temperature so that you can easily get the chocolate cups out of the mould.
10. Spread a bit of melted chocolate on the bonbons and decorate them with sprinkles. I’ve used lyophilized raspberries, but you can experiment with whatever you can think of.

source:https://www.lowcarblab.com/low-carb-white-chocolate-raspberry-cups/

No comments:

Post a Comment